Wednesday, January 11, 2012

TGFB!

That’s “Thank God for Blogging”, by the way. I’m proud to say that in the last few months, I have convinced all three of my very best friends to become bloggers. They are starting a journey now that in the beginning, I didn’t realize how much it would be apart of my life. I’m sure on the surface that just made me sound like an utter dorkasaurous (hmmm, that one probably did too); but this is what I have found myself saying to my girls as they have been putting up their first posts: this couldn’t be a better time for you to start blogging.

Pinned Image

via

One of them is going through some hard times and changes, another is going through some very happy times and changes. All in all, life is happening. And they are documenting. As I look back on my past year of blogging, I am thankful for the free therapy it has provided. I went from struggling with the feeling that no one was reading my page, to the realization that this really isn’t even about that for me anymore. I will admit that part of the reason I blog is that I would like someone to think, or being encouraged, or inspired, etc.…but at the end of the day, I just need to document, and create, and work out my mind a little bit.

Pinned Image

via

Even if you’re not into the technological hype, I still encourage you to write throughout your life. It’s good for the soul. Go old school with a journal…or a napkin, whatever. But if you are starting to blog or even are thinking about starting to blog, this is my advice. Don’t get caught up in getting everything perfect right away…the look of your layout, the “right” way to say things in this blog culture, gaining an immense amount of  followers…all that will come on it’s own, as long as you just write…and write truth-the stuff that is in your heart. You can’t be wrong for that. All that stuff I mentioned you learn along the way. You will struggle with it…probably cuss at your computer screen quite a bit, but persevere, my friend. There are plenty of other bloggers willing and ready to give you tips. Just ask.

So, here are a few gals I would like you to meet.

384429_341087575904267_100000090831954_1426277_870552009_n[1]

This is Olivia Jo. She is an amazing young lady that I have journeyed through the depths of English hell along side. What I’m trying to say is she is a fellow English major and a much better writer than myself,  and  so you should definitely check out her BRAND NEW blog: Out on a Limb. She explains the meaning of her blog title and why she decided to jump into the blogosphere here. The girl knows what she believes and has a strong will. I’m confident there is inspiration waiting to pour from her fingertips.

Meet the “other” Amber.

373930_2546871113003_1290540054_32975099_553634544_n[1]

This is Amber Grace…Often thought to be my sister when people meet us…and apparently that is before they consider that our parents were very uncreative with naming baby girls. She is a very happy gal because one of my other best friends happened to propose to her on New Year’s Eve. It was pretty magical, and you can read the story and go on the journey with her on her blog: Learning to Dance. I know she will be covering a lot of the details that come along with planning a wedding, but her page offers that and so much more. Girl loves her some Jesus and has an amazing testimony that will inspire for sure.

And last but most definitely not least, my girl that has been through it all with me- Jess.

248849_10150192027938575_516988574_7097560_6579939_n[1]

I know you already want to touch her hair! But go read her blog: Shaped by Grace. She has a lot of love in her heart, and it has spilled out all over her page.She is currently student teaching, and I know there are a lot teachers and soon-to-be teachers in blogland; I’m sure my dear Jessica Nicole would love to “meet” you!

So, basically what I’m saying is go visit my friends. Tell them I sent you. Leave them some blogging advice-they are all craving it!

Welcome to an amazing journey, ladies!

3 comments:

Amber Grace said...

Awwwe I love you!!!!! Thanks for the shout out and for inspiring us to join you in blog world! :) the only reason I finally caved in is because your blog was so interesting :D I can't wait for my dinner date with you 2 maids of honor!!

Olivia said...

Oh my Amber, you are too, too kind. Thanks for the encouragement and the publicity. I love you bunches :)

Unknown said...

You is kind, you is smart, and you is important! Ha thanks for this, love. Thanks for helping me in all of my blogging ignorance! I love you a whole bunch!