Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just Another Christmas Post

It seems like everyone is writing about Christmas. I wonder why? I hate to jump on bandwagons, but who can resist when the wagon is decorated with candy canes and smells like apple cider?

via

I told a friend that I wasn’t ready for Christmas yet. Usually I am giddily counting down the days till the big one, but this year I feel like it is just going to be sad when it does get here. I mean as soon as it is here, it’s over. I would be more satisfied with the fact that the 25th is merely three days away (Holy Wow!) if I didn’t feel like I missed out on the entire season. I’m one of those people that believes it’s Christmas everyday from the day after Thanksgiving on (don’t be a hater.)  Jolly type festivities seem to fill the calendar the last month of the year: Christmas parties, caroling with the youth group, community gatherings for the children’s home, seeing the zoo lights, and Christmas movie marathons. I feel like I missed out on all of that this year. Finals were a week later than usual this semester and it conflicted with many of the said functions. Not to mention, I took on a job in my college town about two weeks ago, so I have parked it in solitude for the holidays. And you know, I wasn’t going to admit this, but if I didn’t, then I would be hiding some real feelings (and you know I hate that): There is nothing like the holidays to make one come to terms with a break-up. Jonathan’s family’s traditions became so much my own. For five years I rode in a horse drawn carriage around the Memphis zoo to look at light displays with the only grandparents I have ever known; for five years I watched “White Christmas” snuggled up on the couch with his mom. For five years I laughed at the same jokes his dad makes every year at the dinner table. I wish it was only him that I broke-up with. Is this post just getting depressing?

via

Sorry for the sappy spirit. Yes, I missed out on a lot this year. Yes, this particular year is going to be very different than the many previous. All in all, there is still time for a Christmas movie marathon, right?

via

Pinned Image

via

 

via

There! I’m starting to feel better already. I just have to remember to:

Pinned Image

via

4 comments:

Hannah said...

am i crazy...how do i follow your cute blog?! regardless, i'm loving your christmas post! hahah elf is my all time fave holiday movie!

Shauna said...

You have plenty of time for a Christmas movie marathon. And you could even squeeze in Christmas baking, caroling, time with your family, and if you're around here you can have Christmas time with friends. :) Break-ups are tough. But Jesus died for us! Enjoy the season to celebrate Him... you can even start new traditions! =D
<3

Amber Grace said...

hahaha I LOVE the last little Elf picture thing :)
I wish I had gotten back on the internet before now, I would've driven to Cleveland and hi-jacked you to come home and form some new traditions with me :D
btw - Barnes family Christmas is just getting started because the relatives just got here - open invitation to you for the whole week! :D
I love you bestie. You're beautiful! and as much as I absolutely HATE to see the pain you've been going through, I must say, I love getting to see YOU without the distraction of boy - I'm stunned by the amazing beauty I see more and more in you :) Be you, sister. It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Specifically, what it was that set them off on the bedroom. Naturally, the trouble of penis sizegenetics was broached more than once, and these ladies were not shy with their opinions. However, what they said surprised me some therefore it will probably surprise most guys. Now is the truth about penis sizegenetics from two women might possibly experienced their share.sizegenetics matters, but bigger is not actually always better. One from the girls pointed out the fact multitude of female orgasms in sizegenetics films (where there're generally having sex with guys who may be massively endowed) are very obviously faked.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/